Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Dpns: a new experience.

l have a confession to make. Ladies please sit down.....here it comes...:-
I have never knitted socks! Yes, really!
And there's more. I bought my first dpns just before last Christmas, dropped them into my knitting basket and waited to build up enough courage to pick them up and attempt a couple of stitches. Last friday I decided I was ready for the new experience, took a very deep breath, opened the pack and arranged the 5 needles neatly one next to the other on the dining room table.
I have never felt so stupid in my life. I picked them up and dropped two of them on the floor right away. How clumsy! Rita, relax..take another deep breath...good!
At this point I felt the urge to replace them back into their box and drop them (again) into the knitting basket (or out the window), but I decided to leave them on the table. Who knows? , I thought, I might get inspired.
And I finally did. It happened one day later but I will not bore you with the details of one of the biggest failures of my life: the twisted stitches, the noise of needles falling on ceramic tiles ....maybe some of you have experienced the same frustration. I was ready to give up but my little sister came to the rescue and made a great tutorial for me. So last night I started a simple ribbed beanie for F. I hope to get it finished before the weekend, wish me luck!!!

No comments: