Friday, July 27, 2007

Rhetoric and calendars.

Are seasons really changing? There must be some truth in this statement, in my opinion, or we wouldn't have had temperatures ranging from 40° to 43° for over a week. Well above the average summer temperatures here in Italy. And on top of this , fires. If you have ever had the experience, you'll know what I'm talking about, looking outside and seeing fires. The other night we had four of them at the same time, and all of them not more than 2 km. away from our home. Enough to make your nerves wreck.

The day after firemen were still working.



It makes me feel sad and angry at the same time. Sad, when I think of how quickly all those olives trees and oaks became nothing but smoke and ashes, what mother nature created in years, centuries, all gone. And angry, very angry. I visualize someone lurking not far way after lighting that match, watching the firemen risk their lives to stop the hell he created. Watching and grinning. Oh, to wipe that grin off that ugly face!! How I wish I could.

No comments: