Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas bells are ringing...


....and I still have to buy a lot of things, In particular I need some ingredients for the dishes I'm planning to cook. My shopping list is rather long although this is going to be a quiet Christmas for us. The truth is that I would love to have the rest of my family who lives overseas here to enjoy a cold Christmas for a change. They are in Australia and most of them have never experienced it. Who knows...maybe one day.
Back to reality, yesterday was market day at Capo d'Orlando ( a pretty town about 25 minutes drive away from here) but , as I espected, it was sprinkling when I arrived and by the time I parked the car and walked to the actual market grounds it was showering. I decided to take a look around anyway, and 2 minutes later realized it wasn't such a good idea (the sleeves of my coat were soaked by the water from other people's umbrellas).
Since my idea was to get some dpns, a 4.5 circular, a cordless phone and something for Fabio I took a walk through town and managed to get everything including 3 balls of a gorgeous pink wool for me. But that was it, and so now I'm off to the supermarket. I have a feeling the next two days are going to be full!

No comments: